We aim to work in partnership with statutory and voluntary community organisations to offer support, advice, guidance and training so that they are better able to meet the needs of BAME people living with dementia and their carer(s). Tackling bias and prejudice will help embed culturally competent services.
To date we have worked with a number of services, below are some of the organisations we have collaborated with.
- Involvement in ‘Seldom Heard Groups’ work
- Co-Chaired NDAA Conference 2018
Yorkshire and the Humber NHS Clinical Network
(Dementia & Older People’s Mental Health)
- Presentations on BAME Dementia matters
- Advisor on Dementia Dekh Bhaal project
- The development of intercultural care and support for people with dementia from minority groups (2018)
- Overcoming ethical challenges affecting the involvement of people with dementia in research: recognising diversity and promoting inclusive research (2019)